Balcas continue to take the potential risk of Coronavirus, COVID-19, seriously and is continuously monitoring the situation and reviewing the operational impact of any developments and potential changes. This includes assessing the effect the virus could have on any staff, operations and/or customers that rely on us.
At present, we are fully operational and conducting our business commitments to our normal high standards. We are advising our staff to take measures that are consistent with advice from the World Health Organisation and Government regarding personal hygiene and managing their own circumstances.
In addition, other actions that we are undertaking are:
Coronavirus Steering Team
A C19 Implementation Group is meeting twice weekly to review the situation specific to Balcas and the latest Government advice and feeds back to additional Steering Team which meets every Wednesday. This Team are communicating with the workforce to ensure that everyone is as aware as possible of all the latest developments and precautions to take in specific situations and as the virus continues to spread.
Critical Operational Review
We distribute to multiple sites across the UK and Ireland and as such have put mechanisms in place to protect our staff, suppliers, partners and customers.
We may experience increased restrictions on transport and deliveries due to measures been taken as a result of this pandemic. We will continue to provide our services in a timely manner, please be aware that there may be some delays due to circumstances outside of our control. As stated above, we are currently operating normally, and we will communicate any changes as soon as they occur.
The wellbeing of our staff and customers continues to be our number one priority and we are working with all members of staff to ensure they conduct business operations that maintain their own and our customers’ wellbeing.
We have instigated several changes to our normal working practice, including:
• A restriction on all international travel
• Remote meeting facilities (teleconference and video conference) are encouraged where possible. If internal meetings are required they are limited in terms of meeting times and attendee numbers
• Attending external conferences is not permitted unless business critical.
• Visitors to our sites need to declare current health and travel movements and are only allowed into meeting areas
• Social distancing
• We operate a policy of continuous review and are monitoring the situation across our full supply chain on a daily basis – if this requires us to take further actions then we will do so to ensure the safety of our staff and wider public.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org