At Balcas, Sustainability, Environment, Energy, Health, Safety and Quality management form an integral part of our everyday business. Our employees follow a Code of Conduct built around our values. We count on our suppliers to work together with us to continually improve our practices around health & safety, integrity, care for people and the environment.
Sustainability, Environmental & Energy Management
We comply with the relevant EU, UK and NI legislation and hold the International Environmental Standard ISO 14001.
Balcas holds Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification, which confirms that we help take care of forests for future generations. Numbers: NC-CoC-014380 and NC-CW-014380 (for controlled wood). Our FSC® product details can be found on the FSC® Public Certificate Search Portal
As part of our environmental strategy Balcas are committed to responsible energy management and practice energy efficiency throughout its sites.
Balcas are committed to ensuring that the needs and expectations of our customers are fulfilled, by placing an emphasis on quality and continuous improvement throughout the business. Our Quality objectives are set and monitored through action plans, internal audits, management reviews and BS EN ISO 9001:2015.
Health & Safety
Safety is part of our core ethos at Balcas. We strive to work beyond compliance to ensure the safest working environment possible. We maintain the ISO 45001 standard .
Our Complaints Process
We at Balcas are committed to ensuring that the needs and expectations of our customers are fulfilled. If something goes wrong, or you are unhappy with our service, we would like to hear about it.
How to Complain
You can complain by phone, in writing or by completing our enquiry form.
Please let us know:
- Your full name and contact details
- As much as you can about the complaint and what is wrong and if applicable, when and where the complaint occurred.
- How would you like us to resolve the complaint?
What happens to your complaint?
We aim to resolve any complaints made to us as swiftly as possible. This could be an apology and explanation of the problem and action to resolve the problem (when complaint taken over the phone).
- All complaints will receive an initial response within 3 working days if not resolved at the initial time of complaint.
- You will be notified as to who is dealing with your complaint.
- Where appropriate this person may contact you to discuss the complaint further.
- Complaints will be investigated, and you will receive an update of our progress within 2 weeks of our initial response.
- Proposed corrective and preventive actions where possible will be communicated to you within 2 months of complaint.
FSC® C021367 www.fsc.org The mark of responsible forestry