Want to know what a General Operative role involves at Balcas?
- Work safely everyday, looking after the Health and Safety of yourself and others as you work as part of team processing timber products
- Become part of a team, starting with a round log your team of operators will cut and shape the timber using specialised tools to a final swan product for our customers or further processing by your colleague’s
- Take pride in your workplace by keeping your work area tidy and maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
Speak up and involve yourself in team discussions and make positive contribution towards improving health and safety and work performance go everyone
- Be involved in general maintenance and monitoring machine condition using pre-use inspection checklists along with hands on techniques to ensure the safe and efficient running of your work area
- Stay critical by Grading timber in all forms round log, semi processed and finished material for defects by eye, measurement and technology and taking corrective action if necessary to resolve
- Get ready by safely setting up sawmill equipment for cutting and shaping material to the desired finish for each production run and skew
- Prepare the finished timber by building into packs using semi-automated machinery and manual techniques for our customers or downstream processes
- Finally Strap up and label packs to track and monitor stock as it moves throughout various downstream process to completion
Want to see what a General Operative does at Balcas?
Watch this video:
If you want to find out how to become a General Operative, please email email@example.com, telephone 02866 323003 or visit our jobs page for current vacancies